French Onion Soup
- Potts' Veal Stock
- 2 slice onions
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 glass of Red Wine
- 3 tablespoons of Chopped parsley
- A couple of sprigs of thyme
- Bay leaf
- Baguette 1cm thick
- Grated Gruyère cheese
- Fry onion and garlic in a little oil until the onions start to brown.
- Add Potts Veal Stock and equal amount of water and a glass of red wine
- Add parsley and thyme and bay leaves and bring to a simmer for 30 mins.
- Season to taste
- Put soup in to small bowls and top with lightly toasted French bread. Cover toast with Gruyère cheese and put under the grill until cheese has melted.